So, I decided to step it up a bit and go to bigger numbers. She still did pretty well, getting all but 1 correct. Looks like she lost focus for a row there where all her answers are hearts :).
Friday, January 27, 2012
First Math Worksheets
Gwen's had a lot of reading lessons in her life and can now read her own bed time stories as well as the instructions on our space heater ("Honeywell, this end up" she told me yesterday), but one thing we never really pushed was math. Yet, somehow she learned it! I decided to print out a math worksheet and handed it to to see what she would do. Clearly new to the world of addition, when she handed it back to me, I saw that she had just traced over the horizontal lines. "Are you supposed to trace the lines?" she asked. When I explained to her that the plus signs mean to add the numbers together and put your answer under the lines, she took it back and to my amazement, handed it back with all the correct answers! (she has trouble writing the number "5", the "2" looking thing was her first attempt at a 5).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love the hearts! Very impressive with the addition! She's not going to have much to learn next year in kindergarten!
ReplyDelete