Nothing about my pregnancy with baby #3 has been like my first two. The first 2 were fairly uncomplicated. With this one, I had close bouts with gestational diabetes, pre-term labor, bed rest, being breech, measuring small - you name it! They all turned out to be false alarms, but alarming nonetheless. And while I went into labor the 1st 2 times early in the morning, with enough time for me to eat breakfast, shower and get to the hospital well-rested, this baby had to once again defy tradition. After working a 12 hour day, I finally signed off my computer around 10:30pm. Climbing into bed, exhausted from the day, I started feeling contractions. You're GOT to be kidding. Luckily, my mom arrived from Chicago an hour later, just as my contractions started being 5 minutes apart. Talk about amazing timing!
Adam and I headed to the hospital at about midnight. And while you hear about 3rd babies arriving fast, my labor was very slow and steady and not really progressing. So, at 5am, they gave me a dose of pitocin and 5 hours later, at 10:08am, little Paige Alexis was born!
At 7 lbs 7 ounces and 19.5 inches, Paige was my smallest baby to date, measuring in at the 50% percentile. A little baby - what a novelty! Since she's my last baby, I'd love to keep her teeny tiny for as long as possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment