Monday, May 14, 2012

Sleepover Sister Style

Last night as Whitney's bedtime approached, she said (as she sometimes does), "I don't want to go in my crib!  I want to sleep in Gwen's bed!".  The kids were out of my control as I was laid up in bed suffering from mastitis, so Daddy gave the okay.   I didn't think it would turn out well, both girls were super excited.  Gwen, who goes to bed later than Whitney, goes "Daddy, during the time that I get to be awake, can I read Whitney books?".  So, as I laid in my bed, I could hear Gwen reading Whitney book after book and being very patient as Whitney tried to grab the books, turn the pages before it was time, want to switch books and display her usual short attention span behavior.  Gwen would tell her "No Whitney, don't touch.  I'll read you that book after I finish the Ariel book".

Then, Gwen brought up 2 waters for the girls for the night and left while Whitney stayed quietly in bed.  A little later, Gwen actually asked Adam if she could go to bed (which NEVER happens).  This was the shot by 9:30.


And a couple of hours later, here is how I found them.  Whitney's not used to sleeping in a bed without bars, but the fall to the floor didn't seem to wake her.  Adam had strategically lined her side with pillow to soften the blow.


1 comment:

  1. So cute!

    and yikes, I hope you're recovering from the mastitis! No fun!

    ReplyDelete