Friday, June 10, 2011

Wedding Belle

This weekend was Eva and Jon's wedding, and Gwen was the belle of the ball, loving the opportunity to be a flower girl.  I was a little worried how it would go, for the weeks up to the wedding, Gwen proclaimed "I don't want to be a flower girl!  I want to be a BRIDE! I want to get married!"  But, after I explained that after you get married, you can't live with mommy and daddy anymore, the prospect of being a flower girl became much more appealing.

At the rehearsal dinner

We started the wedding weekend by heading down to Palo Alto on Friday afternoon to attend the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  The rehearsal dinner was in the back of the Mandarin Gourmet.  The wedding party and guests took up the back of the restaurant while regular dinner service was held in the main part of the restaurant.  Gwen discovered the art of picture-taking and loved taking pictures of everyone at the table.


We told her she could walk around and take pictures of the other tables and off she went.  10 minutes later, I looked around for her and couldn't find her.  When she finally returned, I discovered on the camera that she had walked around the main dining room (i.e. not where the rehearsal dinner was) taking pictures of random people as they ate.  And when Gwen takes your picture, she holds the camera within inches of your face, so I can just imagine people's reaction.  Well, I actually didn't have to imagine as I had photographic evidence.  Shameless, intrusive picture taking - I think I have a future TMZ photographer on my hands.

Gwen and I spent the night with Eva and Jenny at the Rosewood Hotel (in the Presidential Suite).  Gwen loved hanging with the girls.  The next morning, we woke up bright and early to prepare for the wedding festivities.

Gwen getting her hair done

It took a while, but Gwen was very patient

The finished product - beautiful!

Mommy and Gwen with our hair done

The back, where you can really see the action

Getting ready with the bride

The bride's updo
Back to the bridal suite for pictures.  Since the photographer was a good friend of mine, there may be more pics of Gwen than the bride and groom.  For a few of Mark's great pro photos, see the Appendix in back.

The bridal party


Waiting for the ceremony to begin


Great shot that Terence took after the ceremony
Adam and Whitney joined us for the reception.  The girls loved being out on the dance floor!










And then after the girls left to go to bed, the real partying began!  Mommy and Aunty Jenny ended up crashing for the night in the bridal suite (at Eva's insistence).  Ha!  But, there were 2 bedrooms separated by a large common area (which I think was occupied by some of Jon's passed out friends).  It was such a fun weekend - congrats to Jon and Eva!





No comments:

Post a Comment