Monday, September 17, 2012

Take a hike!

After our recent trip to Tahoe, Gwen has been wanting to "play in the woods".  Wanting to encourage this love of nature, we set out to find one of the many wooded areas the Bay Area has to offer.  I had heard of a great national park area near the Chabot center with easy, stroller-friendly trails leading to play areas, streams and open woods.  We decided to go looking for it this weekend.  We did not find it. Instead, we found a steep, narrow, rocky yet beautiful path in the Redwood Park Reserve that this family of 5 tackled.  The first part of the path was steep and downhill, with rocks and tree limbs forming stairs in some parts.  Gwen loved venturing down the paths - Adam had less fun maneuvering the path with a sleeping Paige in the Bob that had one flat tire.







As tricky as the path down was, the path up was slightly more painful.  This path was in the sun on a hot day, uphill, and the kids were wiped out.  At one point, I had Whitney in the baby sling, but I could feel the sling tearing at the seams with my 3 year old way exceeding the weight limit.  So, Adam ended up lugging the kids up the last half mile.  It was quite an adventure, but next time we'll make sure to find that stroller friendly path I know is out there - and make sure we're not sporting a flat!  


No comments:

Post a Comment