In the evening, she requested sushi for dinner and then we all went out for ice cream so she could have what she's been talking about all week - rainbow sherbet with nerds on top!
And the stats: Whitney is 42 pounds (75th percentile) and 44 1/2 inches tall (90th percentile). She has the longest eyelashes of any living being. They often touch her eyebrows. While she can be difficult to parent (always asking for candy or treats, being very persistent and having a crying, screaming tantrum on a regular basis), she is truly a great kid and a joy to be around. She is a sweet, thoughtful, empathetic friend, sister and child. I love watching her play with her friends and listening to their conversations - I almost never need to correct her behavior as she is naturally friendly and considerate. In a carpool, she asks her friend which booster seat they want. If she gets a popsicle, she always makes sure Gwen gets one too. She's outgoing and fun-loving, but also can be very shy and self-conscious. Unlike Gwen, she does not like the spotlight.
Whitney is able to read by sounding out words, but acts like it's torture when I make her do it. She loves Fancy Nancy, Barbie books, has adopted her big sisters' love for Sam & Cat and iCarly, prefers fruity candy over chocolate, has a playdate with Sadie Jai at least 3 times per week, is indifferent to slightly negative about being involved in after-school activities (so we have her in swim and soccer, which she tolerates but would always skip if we gave her the option), always wants to wear a fancy dress.
She's now in big-kid territory as a 5 year old, but she's still snuggly and huggable. I think I can get at least 1 more year of baby out of this one!




No comments:
Post a Comment