Saturday, June 14, 2014

June Show Strikes Again!

It's that time of year again - the frenzied week of the June Show.  As an old hand at this, the stress and craziness has subsided a little.  I realize that I'll never be a dance mom as I watch the other moms bring in their portable clothes racks and full caboodle of make-up and hair supplies.  No, Gwen's costumes are stuffed into a small tote and she's lucky if she gets a coat of my tinted chapstick.  But, I swear she still comes out looking beautiful and she always nails her moves on stage!

Dress rehearsals at the Campo Theater is one of my favorite days - parents can take pictures at will and watch all the other kids dance.  The older kids are so darn good, it always tempts me to put Gwen in Production Ensemble.  I don't think I'll every go that far, but I did add on a last minute summer Jazz class after seeing the amazing Jazz/Contemporary pieces the high school girls put on.  Yes, I'm a sucker for advertisement. 

Pics from rehearsal:

Everyone Walk the Dinosaur for tap...





  

And Big Rock Candy Mountain for Ballet…





And some backstage pics from show nights: 


Gwen and her backstage mom




And here is Gwen, just finishing up and heading home at 9:30pm after the Friday night show.   Better head off to bed, Gwen - you've got a swim meet bright and early the next morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment