Monday, December 15, 2014
Dolphin Mania
Nestled between Thanksgiving and Christmas and amidst the holiday craziness, Nutcracker prep, guys Reno trip, basketball, and other social obligations was Gwen's birthday. I took the last 2 hour window on our December calendar and leveraged her current love of dolphins and melty beads to create a dolphin-themed party! We came up with some dolphin-themed crafts (sea life stencils, perler beads with dolphin patterns, and dolphin-shaped pony beads) and a had a viewing of A Dolphin Tale. It was admittedly not as grand or well planned as her past parties, and when I heard one friend walk in and say "Gwen, last year your party was SO fun!", I was worried it wouldn't meet expectations. But, put a bunch of 2nd grade girls together in one room and they're bound to have fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i can't believe she's 8!!
ReplyDelete