Monday, February 16, 2015

Another Ski Weekend

The Koplans hit the slopes again this President's Day Weekend, staying in Northstar with the Chang family.  Beth informed me that Cayley recently declared that Whitney was her BFF, so it was a timely pairing.

We had a great first day skiing at Northstar.  Despite crazy warm weather (60+ degrees), the mountain was great with a super long blue run that Whitney and Cayley zipped down with ease.  Again, I was the most inexperienced skier, and the girls and Beth would wait at each checkpoint for me to catch up.  I did much better than last time though with Whitney encouragingly proclaimed "Mom, I've never seen you ski that fast before".  Gwen and Cooper were off with Alex on the harder runs.

On day #2, Adam took the big girls with the Changs to Diamond Peak while Paige and I had a mellow day together.  With no natural snow on the ground, we went to Kings Beach for lunch and walked along the lake like it was summer.

Gwen and Cooper
One of the best parts of the trip for the kids was the coveted bunk bed!  And of course 3 nights of sleep-overs.






No comments:

Post a Comment