Sunday, March 13, 2011

Great Scott(sdale)!

The Koplan/Steele/Castro families enjoyed another great (and extremely lazy) vacation together in Scottsdale last week.  We rented a house out in Hidden Hills (on the East side of Scottsdale) complete with heated pool and hot tub.

On arrival, Jen greeted us with matching PJs for the girls that she had made herself!  They were extremely stylish and the girls looked so cute wearing them together.


We spent a lot of time in the pool (see previous post about Gwen being able to swim!), with the babies bobbing along in the water by themselves thanks to these great floaty life vests!  Having mastered the art of swimming on the second day in the water, Gwen was able to hand her life vest over to Macyn.




We rarely ventured out of the house (other than our daily trip to the grocery store), but we did manage to visit with Steve and DeeDee, go for a quick hike at the trail near out house, spent a morning at the amazing and wonderful Fashion Square Mall, and enjoyed train and carousel rides at the train park.

Striking a pose in her new outfit



Gwen at the Sunrise Trail head



Girls stopping to feel a cactus











































The evenings were spent cooking dinners, soaking in the hot tub, playing Gwen's favorite game - Candyland, watching American Idol and Tosh.O, group bubblebaths (for the girls, not the adults), and Dax even showed Gwen how to make her first S'more.


We learned many new things on this trip:

1 - Gwen can swim!
2 - Gwen can make it across one of those playground hanging/sliding things all by herself
3 - Whitney never stops talking!  That girl is constantly saying something ("I got you!  I got you!  I made it!  I made it!  Where mama go?  A goose, A giant, A goose, A giant, A goose, A giant...  A blee blue bah me so be glue ga ma see you to me bah loh go sen ble blah...)
4 - I am freakishly good at Wii sports.  Having played for the first time on our final night in Scottsdale, I beat Dax, Jen, Adam and Randy at swordfighting - each.  twice.  I also came away undefeated in archery and canoeing.

Our final picture from the trip - 

Gwen sitting in the pilot's seat of our US Airways flight home

1 comment:

  1. Super cute pictures! Gwen's neck seemed all better when she was in the pilot's seat! Can't wait for the next vacation.

    ReplyDelete