Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Loving it

Yesterday, while playing in the backyard, Gwen and Whitney started bickering a little.  Whitney was playing with Gwen's jump rope, and of course, after seeing Whitney with the jump rope, Gwen wanted it too.  Their conversation went something like this...

Gwen:  Whitney, can you share?
Whit: NO!  Mine!  My jump rope.
Gwen:  You have to share!  It's not only yours!
Whit:  No!  Mine!  No Gwen jump rope.
Gwen:  When you're 3, you'll share.  I don't want you to be 2 anymore!
Whit:  No!  No share!
Gwen:  Well, when you're...
Whit (cutting her off):  No!  No!
Gwen:  Whitney, let me talk!  let me talk!
Whit:  No! No!
Gwen (getting frustrated and screaming a bit):  Let me talk!
Whit:  (silence)
Gwen:  Whitney, I want you to be 2.  And I love you.

It was the sweetest thing.  Then, later, I heard this conversation:

Gwen:  Whitney, do you love Ariel?
Whit:  Yeah, I love Ariel.
Gwen:  Do you love Belle?
Whit:  Yeah, I love Belle.
Gwen:  Do you love me?
Whit:  Yeah, I love you.
Gwen:  I love you too.

Awwww....

No comments:

Post a Comment