The girls were downstairs playing with their toys in the bathroom sink - Gwen with an Ariel toy, Whitney with a My Little Pony. I heard Gwen say "I know how to spell mine - A R I E L" at which Whitney replied, "I know how to spell mine too - P O I". Ok, so she didn't spell it correctly, but she got the first 2 letters correct and it could be argued that Pony is spelled Poni. She probably just got lucky picking random letters... or she's actually a phonetic genius at 2!
In other proud parent news - this morning, I went to get Whit out of her crib as usual and realized I had forgotten to put a diaper on her before bed last night as I found her laying there in her PJs and underwear. Surprised and somewhat alarmed, I said "Why are you wearing underwear?!" and she replied very matter of factly and brightly, "Because. You didn't put a diaper on me". While usually her diaper is full the brim in the morning, I couldn't believe that she had managed to stay dry all night. Is she ready to say goodbye to diapers for good? I suppose I'll have a better idea tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment