Gwen loves to watch Adam (and now, I reluctantly admit, me too) play Settlers of Catan on the Playstation. She knows our goal is to get to 10 points and cheers for us when we get resources and build settlements. She'll say things like "I hope you get a 7 so you can move the robber" and "Mommy, do you want someone to trade with you?".
Having picked all this up by sheer observation, Adam decided it was time for Gwen to learn the game. I don't think I've seen her so excited to do something that didn't involve a Disney princess or chocolate. So, here is Gwen playing her first game of Catan. She legitimately beat Adam in her debut game. In a few years, she may just join us and the Cecchins at the National Catan Championship Tournament.

Absolutely love it!! Do they make a Settlers Junior edition? ;)
ReplyDelete