Friday, April 13, 2012

Writing!

Whitney still has about a month and a half of being 2.  At this age, Gwen had known her alphabet down cold (she could recognize all her ABC's by 18 months) and was starting to read simple 2 and 3 letter words and could read a sentence like "THE BIG RED DOG SAT ON THE BED".    Whitney's still inconsistent at recognizing every letter correctly.  However, while Gwen at this age couldn't yet color within the lines let alone draw something, I couldn't believe it when Whitney came into my office the other day, took a pen and started writing letters.  She first drew a "W" a said "W".  Then, she drew the "M" below it and said "M"!  I slathered on the praise, and she kept showing off, drawing a vertical line above the W and saying "I".  And then she drew that circle at the very top and said "Balloon".



No comments:

Post a Comment