Thursday, February 21, 2013

Child Labor

This afternoon, Leyni and Sloan were over for a play date after school.  The play date could not have gone more smoothly - the girls came in and sweetly said hi to Whitney, who was quietly painting at the kitchen table, before heading up to Gwen's room.  They finished my sentence when I started with "Girls, Paige is napping...", Sloan and Leyni responded "... so we'll be really quiet and close the door."  Then, the big girls headed outside to play and let Whitney play with them.  No drama, no wreaking havoc in the house, no dealing with Whitney screaming about something, I thought to myself that this playdate couldn't have gone any better.

Then, to top it off, when I went outside to check on them, I found all 4 girls hunched down in the sandbox pulling weeds.  They were getting the roots out and throwing the pulled weeds into a pile.  Gwen even asked me to pull the green garbage can over for them to throw the weeds into, telling me I won't need to pay the gardner as much because he won't have as much work to do.


Am loving these girls!  I baked them a batch of brownies and even let them have seconds.  Maybe next time I can get them to clean out my garage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment