Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sick Day

The big flu epidemic of 2013 has lived up the hype here in Moraga.  Everyone we know seems to be sick and/or have gotten sick - kids and parents alike.   It started in early January with me developing an uncontrollable cough to Whitney getting a short-lived fever to Gwen missing over a week of school with a fever and finally pneumonia to Whitney again developing a fever and cough and now finally Paige, with her little fever, cough, runny nose and roseola!

Ugh, I'm hoping we don't go through a second round of serial sickness.  But, I don't think the kids would mind as much as I would... Gwen told me "Whitney says its fun to be sick because you get to stay home from school and watch TV".

I remember loving a sick day too when I was a kid... laying on our old blue couch with my blue blanket that I had named Cherry and watching TV until I was dizzy.  Here, mommy's bed is a common place for our little patients to rest and recover.  As Whitney puts it "it's so warm and comfy!"




No comments:

Post a Comment