Sunday, May 27, 2018

Tales of the track star part 2

Coinciding with her Field Day success, Whitney also had a great 1st season of CYO track!  She competed against parishes from all over the East Bay, from Oakland to Livermore out to Antioch.  Maybe further.  She did amazing, beating girls much taller and potentially a year older than her (they go by grade level, not age).   Her favorite event is the 50m dash where her seed time is 8.4 seconds (I believe, CYO records aren't as easy to look up as OMPA!).  Her relay team made it through 2 rounds of qualifying meets to make the Championship race, and won gold (and got their picture in the paper)!  And best of all - she likes it!  She still complains about practice (do I HAVE to go to track?  Can I just skip it today??), but says she wants to do it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment