I took the kids solo, flying directly into Madison, which is about an hour from the Dells. We stayed at the Kalahari Resort for one night before meeting Jennifer's family at the Holiday Shores Campground. The Kalahari was near perfect! I could have gone for slightly nicer rooms, but the resort had everything and was so easy for the kids to roam. They had an indoor water park, outdoor water park, indoor amusement park with go-karts, climbing walls, ropes courses, mini golf, bowling, rides, games, laser everything... more things than we had time to experience. And the lines for everything were pretty short - we'll definitely be back!
We moved on to a campsite after 2 fun-filled days at the Kalahari. The campsite was super turn-key too. We stayed in the Park Model O, which is a 2-bedroom mobile home with full kitchen, bathroom, TV and some shotty Internet access. I kept thinking I sounded silly when I would think "man, the WiFi at the campsite sucks!". Our house was about 150 yards from Jennifer's RV site, and across from the laundry room, a playground, small arcade and bounce house area. And the campsite was set along the Wisconsin River with wave runner and boat rentals at the main office. We hardly had time to explore everything because we also checked out 2 more water parks in our 4 days at the campsite. A kid's paradise!
Paige showed her Chinese roots by picking up a coupon magazine and studying it. Whenever I suggested an activity, she would say "Oh, I have a coupon for that!". And she did! She was very excited to get 10% off salt water taffy at Goodie Goodie Gum Drop.
And Gwen claimed the best burger she ever ate was at B-Lux Bar and Grill, which Jennifer made a point of dining at. Future tip!
No comments:
Post a Comment