Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Gwen's 11 year and 7 month check up!

Before sending Gwen off to JM, I thought it was about time for a well check.  I didn't realize my last well check for her had been when she was 6 years old!  She's so healthy, tall and strong that I never had any concerns.  She continues to be tall for her age - at 5 feet 3 3/4 inches, she is 96th percentile in height, just like she was when she was six.  My slim girl was 67th percentile in weight (down from 85th percentile at 6 years old), but I was surprised to learn that she was a whopping 96 pounds!  All muscle (1/3 of all 11 year olds weigh more than 96 pounds??)  with a BMI in the 31st percentile.  Sigh, I wish my BMI was 31st percentile!

Gwen's best friends at 11 1/2 are Danielle Lee, Alana Van Olst and (to a lesser extent but still hanging in there), Sloan Pullen  - (3 girls who could not be more different and who hardly know each other).   Her main sports are swim and basketball, but she's showing a lot of promise in golf and I'd like her to take up tennis so we'll see how the next year goes with JM sports.  She's still a stellar (albeit sloppy) student and school comes very easy to her.  Her favorite books are the Harry Potter series, Percy Jackson series and Fablehaven - in that order.  She loves Indian food, fried rice, sushi and udon.

She's starting to get more responsibility - babysitting her sisters, doing chores for money to pay off her $40/month cell phone bill.  She's allowed to walk or bike down to the Rheem shopping center with friends and be a mall rat.  She really is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment