You're allowed to say "hell" in a blog, right? I thought it was fitting since it was 105 degrees in Moraga today here we are without air conditioning like suckers. This is supposed to be the coldest bay area summer since the 1800s or something and we were doing alright without it until today. My office is on the top floor and it was not pleasant. Adding to the hell-like weather conditions, I had two candidates turn down offers today (jerks! don't they know I'm in the middle of a remodel?!). ha. And to top it all off, we went for an evening swim and Whitney pooped in the pool. We got reprimanded by what appeared to be a 14 year old lifeguard. We did catch a break though - we were the only ones at the pool and it was almost closing time so we didn't have to endure the embarrassment of forcing our neighbors to evacuate. My luck is running so bad today I almost don't want to play Adam in backgammom. I'm convinced once you know the general concept/strategy that it all comes down to the luck of the roll. Kind of like blackjack. Adam takes that as a personal insult.
Anyway, one fun thing about a hot day is watermelon and water play at the park. Here's a little video of Whitney running around saying bye to people.
Tonight for dinner - mexican casserole with fritos. It was okay, Whitney liked it. Fry up some ground beef and onion, add chili powder, a can of diced tomatoes, uncooked rice, a little more water, a can of kidney beans, salt, bring to boil, simmer 30 min covered, uncover, top with cheddar cheese, put under broiler for a couple of minutes till crusty. I got a bag of those fritos scoops and ate it with fritos, no utensils required. I burned the cheese today - figures!

Poop in the pool! Ha ha ha! Totally laughing out loud at my desk right now!
ReplyDeleteAdam cheats at backgammon.
ReplyDelete