Monday, August 23, 2010

Introductions

As if keeping my Facebook page up to date wasn't enough, I've decided to start a blog!  The kids are just growing up so fast and doing so many funny things, I thought this was a better way to keep our friends and family up to date!

Here is our most recent family picture, taken at Dax and Jen's new awesome beach house in North Carolina.


As a starting point, let's get you updated on the kids.

Gwen is now 3 years and 8 months old!


She's a pro at cutting with scissors and loves our nightly art projects.  I trace out a shape and she cuts it out and glues it down to make things like a bee, house or frog.



She can read and spell a lot of words but is still working on her writing skills.  She is a sensitive little girl, sometimes shy (more so with other kids) and sometimes very outgoing (especially with adults) who gets very upset when her little sister touches her beloved baby doll, Achoo.  If she drops her wooden birthday cake or if Whitney messes up the toys and books she has carefully placed on Achoo in her baby doll crib, Gwen screams "OH NO!!!  THIS CAN NOT BE HAPPENING TO ME!!"  She loves princesses and being girly and is very interested in Disney villains.  You'll often find her belting out "Cruella De Ville... Cruella De Ville... If she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will!"



Whitney is a very mischievous, clever and independent 15 month old.  




Adam witnessed Whitney walk down our entire flight our stairs yesterday all by herself, which I need to get on tape. I've witnessed her starting to, but I usually go hold her hand when I see her start the descent.  She's too short to reach the hand rail, so she just puts one hand on the wall and walks down like a big girl.  In classic second child form, she wants to do everything all by herself.  She insists on feeding herself with a utensil and gets really mad if we try to help so meal time can be very messy.  She's getting better at talking and can put two words together like "more bottle" (which comes out "mo bah-ble") but she usually sticks to the dozen or so one word phrases she knows including her favorites "mao" for cat and "go-go" for dog.  She spoke her first words a couple of months ago which was "Mama" (she's a mama's girl!).  She address us in Chinese (mama, baba, jiejie) so the Chinese nanny thing is paying off!  She does speak some English though including "Hi" "Bye" "Wa-Wa (water)" "Go-Go (which means goldfish crackers when she's not trying to say dog)".   I think at this age, Gwen was only saying one word, and that word was "No" or "no no no no no no".





1 comment:

  1. What an amazing diary for the girls to read when the girls grow up! I wonder what our moms would have written about us when we were kids!

    ReplyDelete