Friday, February 11, 2011

Arts and crafts

One of the big differences between Gwen's preschools, Growing Tree and The Nurtury, is the amount of parent involvement required.  Growing Tree takes care of everything, but with Nurtury, the parents take turns bringing in fresh baked goodies or otherwise perishable goodies for snack and arranging monthly outside of school get-togethers for the kids and moms.  This month was my month, so I planned a little Valentine's arts and crafts party.  I got little wooden picture frames with heart shaped cut-outs, various paints, paint brushes, glitter pens and various other stick-on heart-shaped items.  It was so interesting to see the different designs the kids came up with - Gwen has some very crafty classmates!








The kids enjoyed their crafts, but the cutest part was afterwards when they all happily ran around and played together in basically an empty room.  Her little class of 13 kids is really tight and all play together so well.  I'll be sad to see this group get broken up next year!  


No comments:

Post a Comment