Sunday, February 6, 2011

Masterpiece

Not  2 days after my last post which lovingly mocked Gwen's coloring ability, she produces this masterpiece.  All it took was some sharper crayons and the instructions to try to stay within the lines.


Coloring has become a favorite activity over here, especially in these winter months when it starts to get dark out almost immediately after our nanny leaves, making trips to the park a challenge.  A very proud moment was when I left the room and came back to this - Gwen had written "Ariel" on her Ariel coloring and she, having never learned to spell "Rapunzel", she tried to sound out "Rapunzel" to write on the Rapunzel coloring - and got pretty close (R - P -I - Z - 3).  When I pointed to the letter that looked like a "3" and asked Gwen what it was, she said "that's L for Rapunz - EL".    I wasn't sure whether to be happy that she knew Rapunzel ended with an L, or worried that her L looked like a 3.  


A very un-proud moment was when I left the room and came back to this.  Thank goodness for washable crayons.  


No comments:

Post a Comment