Sunday, December 30, 2012

Snowbound

I hated snow growing up.  It might have been the main reason I left Illinois.  In fact, our little California kids have never experienced snow before despite the constant hum of friends spending winter weekends in Tahoe.  But Gwen finally caught on and wanted to go skiing, have a snowball fight, build a snowman and make snow angles.  So, during winter break when Dave and Lou were visiting, we took a day trip up to Soda Springs to go tubing.

When we arrived, the girls were so excited to get out and play in the snow.  The first order of business: snowball fight.


Climbing the hill of snow outside of the
general store.

Whitney's first time seeing snow! 

Whitney with mommy at Planet Kids


Gwen on the big kid tube

Lily and Gwen on the magic carpet

Henry, Gwen and Lily

When we got to the slopes, I took Whitney to the little kiddie area, where she got to go on a tubing merry-go-round, tube down a hill a countless number of time and attempt to climb a giant snow peak.  She had such a fun time until cold overcame her and she began crying "COLD!  COLD!  I want to go home!".  Gwen on the other hand, could have gone tubing all day!  On the walk back to the car, she stopped to make a snow angel and found a large snowball that she really wanted to take home with us.  I left wondering why I ever hated the snow!   Distance really does make the heart grow fonder.






No comments:

Post a Comment