After 2 seasons on Pre-K and Kindy soccer where Gwen never even kicked the ball once in a game, I had decided that soccer just wasn't her sport. This past weekend, when she was invited to a 'sports party' thrown by one of the boys in her class, I wasn't even sure if she'd want to attend.
So, you can imagine my surprise when, during the soccer portion of the sports party, Gwen played like a pro! She was smiling, calling out 'I got it! I got it!', running after the ball, and kicking it! The boy/girl ratio was about 10:1, but Gwen was a contender. She even gave Luke Bonardi, one of the resident jocks in the class, a run for his money. I heard him say "Gwen, why do you keep taking the ball from me?" after she was getting in his business (they were on the same team).
Early in the game, she scored her first ever goal! And she was having so much fun, I might have to revisit this whole soccer thing. As if she doesn't have enough activities!

No comments:
Post a Comment