Friday, May 22, 2015

Sleep over, under and out

Tonight marks Whitney's first sleepover party (a new privilege she gets to try out now that she's turning 6) and coincidentally, Gwen's first sleep-over camping trip with her girl scout troop.  I started my day a little tired from celebrating my birthday the night before (dinner at Corners Tavern and then Big 2 at the Jai's house till 1am and 2 bottles of wine later - pretty much entirely consumed by Adam and me) and couldn't believe the day I had in front of me.  First accompanying Gwen to her campsite, where I (along with 5 other moms) pitched my first tent and 2 subsequent tents.  Although I wasn't there for most of the day, other moms kept me up to date with these great shots.







After getting Gwen settled, I had to head back to get ready for the bevy of crazy girls about to descend upon us. There was lots of running, screaming, giggling, a little drama but mostly fun eating hot dogs, making S'mores, painting hair and watching movies.




And after our 2 sleep-under guests left, Cayley and Whitney actually went to sleep in fairly short order.

Here they are by 10pm (and they slept till 8am!):


And after a chocolate chip pancake breakfast and more running around, here they were at noon, still in their jammies:








No comments:

Post a Comment