Thursday, April 21, 2011

Breadmakers

After seeing my sister's facebook post about a loaf of bread she made, I felt inspired to bake my first loaf of bread myself.  I love a nice loaf of dilly bread but never know where to buy it.  So, today I printed off a recipe and decided to tackle it on my own... with two little helpers.



This was my first experience with yeast, which smells terrible.  The recipe also called for some warm cottage cheese - the one food in this world that I detest.  It was disgusting having to mix the dissolved yeast and the warm cottage cheese together, so I let Gwen have a crack at it.  The smell didn't seem to bother her.

To keep Whitney busy while Gwen and I were baking, I let her mix her own concoction, giving her a glass of water, a bowl of salt and a bowl of flour.   Whenever I make soup with dinner, she loves to take other food, put it in her soup and mix it around so I knew she would love scooping salt and flour from one bowl to another and mixing them in water.

























The final product - a beautiful loaf of dill bread.  Adam thought it was delicious (and he's not one to give me any false praise) and Gwen liked it too.  I thought it could use a little more sugar or something, but not bad for a first attempt.



No comments:

Post a Comment