Today was Whitney's 2-year doctor's appointment. While she still has 4 days to go until the big 0-2, here are her stats:
Height: 35.5 inches, which is what she measured at 20 months. Either she's not growing or she was too wiggly one of the times. Or, her sudden decrease in milk consumption due to the recent banishment of the bottle has stunted her growth. 80th percentile
Weight: 29 lbs 6 oz, 80th percentile
What she's doing: She can count to 14, but skips the number 4. She is often counting anything that she sees more than one of and goes "1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 , 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14" She's still jumping and climbing all over the place, rarely sitting still. She loves Dora the Explorer and when you let her watch it, she'll do a little dance while shouting "D-d-d-DORA, D-d-d-DORA, Swiper no swiping!" She is the next American Idol, grabbing the microphone and singing her heart out at times, hitting high notes with her eyes shut tight and head tilted back. She's pretty uninhibited and goes for things, she's the first to run in line at gymnastics class and hustles quickly through the stations.
Whitney is super considerate, whenever she gets a snack or treat, she always asks for one for Gwen ("Jie Jie one". When Gwen cries, she hurries over and says "I'll kiss it" or when Gwen's getting frustrated about something, she'll come over and say "I'll help you, I'll help you Jie Jie". When you call her to come down for breakfast, she calls back in a sing-song tone "Okaay! I'm coming!" She thinks of herself as "Me", so she pronounces her name "Mee- ney". I've gotten her to say "Whit-ney" though by breaking it down.
Whit speaks in both English in Chinese, still loves dogs and is a great sleeper. She goes down very easily, saying "bye bye" to us once she's settled in her crib with 2 pacifiers and a blanket on her. She sleeps from about 8pm-7am and takes a nap (on most days, but not today) from about 1-3. You can never keep socks on her.
She's yet to have a haircut b/c I'm afraid to cut off the adorable spiral curls at the ends of her hair. Her hair now extends mid-way down her back.
Whitney really is the cutest thing, both inside and out. We're so lucky to have her, there's not one thing I would change!



No comments:
Post a Comment