Our first summer in Moraga, I was excited to try my hand at gardening with the big planter boxes in our side yard. That summer was unsuccessful. My basil quickly dried up, flowered, and died and my cilantro followed suit. While we have old mint and rosemary plants growing out of control (with absolutely no TLC from me), I soon gave up on trying to grow my own veggies and herbs and decided it was much easier to go to the farmer's market.
Well, after a year off, I am going to try my hand again. This time with a slightly different strategy - using little pots so that I can control the sun exposure and water a little better. Here goes.
Gwen and our nanny were my helpers today as we transferred some basil, tarragon and parsley into pots.
After a little watering, they're ready to grow! Hopefully in a couple of months, our herbs will be big and lush.
No comments:
Post a Comment