Gwen and Whitney have really become little playmates. Up until now, their playtime together consisted of me breaking up fights every 2 minutes (literally), fights over toys, someone getting hurt by the other person, more fights over toys, screaming, Gwen getting mad...
But, one evening this week, I sat on the coach reading book #2 of the Hunger Games while the girls played together nicely for over an hour. They ran from room to room acting out some sort of adventure without fight or injury. It was unprecedented. As dinnertime approached, I didn't want to break up their happy groove so I went into the kitchen and just started eating by myself, still reading my book, letting them do their own thing. Next thing I know, I look over and see they had made a make-shift bed for themselves in the middle of the playroom and were reading books! I don't think I could have made up a more ideal, angelic situation. Gwen was reading Cat in the Hat to herself out loud and Whitney was pretending to read, making up a story as she flipped pages.
I sat there on my stool and reached for the camera. I had to zoom in from where I was sitting because I didn't want to get up and walk over to them, lest I disturb this strange and most wonderful symbiosis.

No comments:
Post a Comment