Remember how you thought your parents were so old when you were a kid? You know they were only in their 20s and 30s?
Well, today Adam and I were reminded of how old we are in our kids' eyes. Today, Whitney and I were playing in the playroom when she took a crown off her head and put it on mine. Sweetly, she said to me "Mommy, you look like a princess. A very old princess". After laughing and reacting with a little offense, she recanted "Noooo. You're a new princess". She's so diplomatic.
Then, later that night, Adam was putting her to bed singing Piano Man. He got to the line "there's an old man sitting next me..." at which point Whitney interrupted "who? what old man? you?".
I guess it's better being a very old princess instead of the old man from Piano Man!
No comments:
Post a Comment