Saturday, September 18, 2010
Can Gwen Play?
Remember when you were a kid and you would spontaneously go over to a neighbor's to see if your friend can play? Well, it's starting! This evening as I was taping up the new sliding glass doors so we can stain them (with Gwen 'helping' me by holding the roll or tape), our doorbell rang. I answered it to find our 9 or 10 year old next door neighbor and her friend from school asking if Gwen could come over and play. So sweet. I walked her over and she happily went into Crystal's bedroom with the two big girls. I went home, ate dinner, did some more taping and walked over a couple of times to check on the girls. Gwen was happy as can be drawing pictures with the girls, playing in their backyard, bringing them over to our backyard. So, there we have it - a playdate without advance planning, coordinating mom schedules, thinking about Whitney's nap time. Our kids are starting to have social lives of their own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment