Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cookie Monsters

Birthdays are like Halloween when you're 4 - it doesn't just last a day, it's a week-long phenomenon with the party, the preschool party and the actual birthday.  Plus, gifts that arrive in the mail from relatives give us more reminders of her special day.

Today is the preschool party and these are the cookies Gwen will share with her friends, along with a some chocolate milk.  I think I'm getting a little more Martha Stewart every year, last year I just picked up a box of store bought cookies on the way to school.  This year, they are still store bought, but I personalized them a little with Gwen's favorite colors - purple and green (Ariel's colors, but Gwen's favorite color was green even before she first encountered her mermaid hero).  Maybe next year, you'll even find me baking...


Gwen saw these on the counter last night and was talking about them this morning - she is so excited to share cookies with her classmates!

No comments:

Post a Comment