Monday, December 20, 2010

Now I know my ABCs

I think all those hours of watching Word World have paid off - out of nowhere, Whitney showed me yesterday that she knows her letters!  I got her these letter magnets for hannakuh and yesterday, she pulled off the P and went "Peee!" and then grabbed the "O" and went "Ohhhh!".  I think she was trying to spell Pon.  So, I started to ask her to name letters and pulled out the "S" and she goes "Essssss", really emphasizing that ssssss sound.  And when I pointed to the "X", she was able to pronounce it correctly as well (vs. Gwen who adorably called it "eck" until she was 2 1/2).  For letters she wasn't sure about it, she'd more quietly and vaguely make the "E" sound, I think because a lot of letters kind of sound like E "D, T, B, G, V" so she knows how to play the odds.  That bodes well for her SAT exam-taking skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment