Monday, November 1, 2010

Get that costume off of me!

I shopped early and got Whitney an Elmo costume for Halloween.  Adam forced it on her a few weeks ago and she tolerated it briefly.  She has since built up her distaste for costumes and now I can't even get an arm in the Elmo costume, so there's $40 down the drain.

I thought - well, I'll put her Princess Tiana dress on her.  She won't even know it's a costume, she'll just think it's regular clothes.  Wrong.  She knew.  I don't know how she knew, but she knew.  I got it on her and she started immediately screaming and crying, jumping up and down in anger while trying to rip the dress off her.  Fine, I'll take the dress off.

Later, right before we left for Gwen's Growing Tree Halloween party today, I slipped her tutu on her.  She used to wear that tutu all the time, but even that caused a brief little crying fit.  This girl just does not have the Halloween spirit yet - at least not the costume part.  She's all over the candy part.

Crying and jumping because I made her
wear a tutu.

No comments:

Post a Comment