Monday, January 24, 2011

20 month stats

20 months might just be the cutest age for kids - I could just stare at that little face all day long.  At 20 months, Whitney (to quote the notes her doctor put in her book) "looks great! (with) Excellent developmental progress".  And excellent was underlined ;).

Look at all those teeth!
Whitney is 35 1/2 inches tall (off the charts!) and weighs in a 28 lbs 2 oz (80th percentile).   While still a very determined and stubborn little one, Whitney has eased up a little on me by accepting her car seat (no more full on wrestling matches every time we get in the car) and continues to be a great sleeper.  If only she would sit in a stroller, I'd be on easy street.  She sleeps from 7:30pm-7:30am and when I put her to bed, she lays right down, looks at me and says "Bye Bye!".  We are still at one afternoon nap a day although I can see her dropping that early as her sister did.

Whitney pretty much knows all her letters and loves to show off her skills every time we pass a sign, book, random symbol that looks like a letter or when I'm wearing my trusted "UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION" sweatshirt.   Here she is reading the letters hanging on Gwen's wall:


I love when she puckers her mouth like this when she's saying things like "Boots" and "Mooo" and the letter "O"
She's loves to jump and I think we have a future long jump/high jump champion on our hands as she can take off on both feet and get decent distance - horizontal and vertical.  She's unknowingly polite and often says "more please!" when she wants something, and when I give it to her, she'll say her baby talk version of thank you that goes "day-ku Mama!"  Or, when I offer her something she doesn't want, she says "No Dank-ku".  Like "Whitney, do you want to go night-night?"... "No Dank-Ku. No Dank-Ku, Mama."  She can climb down a full flight of stairs while carrying two armfuls of baby dolls and continues to be full of energy as she trots along and swings objects in the air like she's dancing with them.

She's also a little love bug and often gives me a running hug and loves to give kisses.  Here she is making a little plastic toy snail kiss her babies.


As adorable as she is, she certainly has her trying moments.  She's at the age where she wants to do things by herself.   Here she is changing her baby's diaper:


And here we are 2 minutes later when, after refusing to let me help, she could not get the diaper back on baby.


That's when you know it's night-night time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment