Friday, January 28, 2011

Sisters reading and writing

The other day, I heard a bunch of what can be described as 'reciting' coming out of Gwen's room.  Gwen loudly telling a story about princesses and Whitney making random noises as if she was reciting something, with the occasional real word "Moo cow cow cow moo moo ...  boots, dora, map!"

I peeked in and saw this scene.  They were both holding the book with their left hand and taking their right pointer finger and following the words on the pages while pretending to read the words.  Too priceless!


Later that day, we were coloring and I noticed that Whitney's artistic skills are rivaling her older sisters'.  Here is the same picture they colored side by side - can you tell which is Gwen's and which is Whitney's?  I'll give you a hint - Gwen wrote her name on hers.  I was very impressed that Whitney colored the trees green!


To be fair, Gwen has been at a huge disadvantage coloring-wise because Adam refused to allow crayons in the house when she was Whitney's age lest she color the walls.  Being afraid of kids making a mess is so ridiculous and I really had to put my foot down when Gwen was around 2 1/2.  We have a little crayon on the walls but it's well worth adding an activity to my arsenal of things to do with the kids.

Another Whitney creation

Typical before-dinner scene at the Koplan household.  Yes, that's our house, not a local preschool



No comments:

Post a Comment