Sunday, October 10, 2010

Indian Summer Weekend

It was 80s and 90s in Moraga this weekend, so we enjoyed the indian summer by spending lots of time outdoors and having friends over for BBQs.  On Saturday, the Heidersbachs came over for dinner and I made Cuban style pork chops from the foodnetwork and they came out super yummy.  Served with black beans and rice and a salad made for great outdoor dining.



On Sunday, we spent the morning at the Oakland Zoo.  When we walked in, we saw a ski lift ride and Adam jokingly asked if Whitney could go on it thinking that was crazy since it's super high up in the air and there are no seat belts or other safety harnesses.  I mean, toddlers aren't even allowed to ride in a car around our neighborhood without a crash tested safety seat.  But, I guess no such safety rules apply and while we were astonished that they would allow squirmy toddlers on this ride, I suppose we had no hesitation in going ahead and taking her on it!







We ended the weekend with dinner with Christine and Eric.  Adam suckered them into reading Gwen her bedtime stories.  If you walk into our house without children of your own, Adam will do that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment