Friday, October 15, 2010

Scary Dream

I was woken last night by Gwen screaming "Mommy!  Mommy!".  I went into her room and she said, on the verge of tears, "I want to fix my dress!" pointing to her yellow dress hanging in the closet.  "It has holes in it, I want to fix the holes", she cried.  I told her there weren't any holes in it and she was just having a bad dream.  But she insisted "Cinderella's step mother ripped the dress.  I want to fix it."  Then, more calmly, she looked at me with big eyes and said "Cinderella died her stepmother.  She didn't want her to have any air.  She died her stepmother."

I asked "You mean Cinderella killed her stepmother?"
Gwen replied "Yeah, she died her.  She had to."

I got in bed with Gwen and told her to go back to sleep, it was just a dream.

In the morning, since her yellow dress was already out on her bed, I put it on her and got her ready for school.

Gwen:  "This is the dress with the holes.  Where are the holes? Did you fix the holes?"
Me:  "There aren't any holes, that was just a dream.  Dream's aren't real"
Gwen:  "But, where are the holes?  Cinderella's stepmother ripped my dress.  Did you fix the holes?"

This same conversation went on and on until finally I said:

Me: "Yes, we fixed the holes."
Gwen:  "But, where's the tape?"

Then later, Gwen said that she never wants to go Cinderella's house again.  This doesn't bode well for our Disneyland trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment